AntiX-M7 changes from antiX-Spartacus
antiX-M7 is similar to antiX-Mepis6.5 "Spartacus", but there are some major differences in base and applications used.
now based on Debian repos, using the testing branch.
- 2.6.22 kernel (previously 2.6.15)
- Fluxbox (default), IceWM (optional)
- Rox-filer and Rox desktop (optional)
- idesk for icons on desktop (optional)
- Iceweasel web browser (previously firefox)
- Sylpheed-claws email client
- lighttpd web-server
- Pidgin instant messaging
- Streamtuner stream radio
- AbiWord word processor
- Gnumeric spreadsheet
- Scite code editor
- mtpaint (Gimp removed)
- Xmms audio player
- gmplayer video player (Xine removed)
- Synaptic package manager
- Brasero CDR/DVDR tool (Graveman removed)
- All the MEPIS Utilities
- Various CLI apps eg nano, mc, links2, irssi, snowman
- And lots more!
The final iso file is approximately 300MB in size.