Welcome to antiX.
antiX is a fast, lightweight and easy to install systemd-free linux live CD distribution based on Debian Stable for Intel-AMD x86 compatible systems. antiX offers users the "antiX Magic" in an environment suitable for old and new computers. So don't throw away that old computer yet! The goal of antiX is to provide a light, but fully functional and flexible free operating system for both newcomers and experienced users of Linux. It should run on most computers, ranging from 256MB old PIII systems with pre-configured swap to the latest powerful boxes. 256MB RAM is recommended minimum for antiX. The installer needs minimum 2.7GB hard disk size. antiX can also be used as a fast-booting rescue cd. Special XFCE editions made in collaboration with the MEPIS Community called MX-15 "Fusion" (released 24 December 2015) and MX-14 "Symbiosis" (released March 24, 2014) are also available. antiX MX series has a separate development schedule to antiX.
At the moment antiX-16.2 "Berta Cáceres" comes as a full distro (c695MB), a base distro (c510MB) and a core-libre distro (c190MB) for 32 bit and 64 bit computers. For those who wish to have total control over the install, use antiX-core and build up.
Present released antiX-16.2 versions, 16 June 2017: isos and md5sum files available 'Berta Cáceres'
To get a taste of antiX-16, watch the video by dolphin_oracle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Aw2zzBE-g
Donate: If you would like to help out with the development of antiX by donating money, go here.
MX-16.1 "Metamorphosis" editions released on 8 June 2017 can be downloaded from here:
This wiki has had new account creation disabled due to spam. If you wish to have an account on this wiki so you can add or update content you will be required to visit the antiX forum so an account can be made for you.
NEW WEBSITE and FORUM
Website here: https://antixlinux.com/
New forum here: https://www.antixforum.com/
Please use the new forums and website from now on.
anticapitalista, 20 October 2017, Thessaloniki
A very quick announcement for now, just to let you all know that antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” is now available.
Get the various iso files from here for now.
A full announcement will follow.
Please use the new website and forum.
anticapitalista, 25 October 2017, Thessaloniki
Please seed torrents once you have downloaded antiX or MX. Thanks.
- antiX-17_386-full.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_386-base.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_386-core.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_386-net.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_x64-full.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_x64-base.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_x64-core.iso LinuxTracker
- antiX-17_x64-net.iso LinuxTracker
- MX-16_386 LinuxTracker
- MX-16_x64 LinuxTracker
MX-16 All download-links
You may want to make some changes to the sources.list files to get a location closer to where you are.
antiX-17 - edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
Ecuador, South America
deb http://mirror.cedia.org.ec/mx-workspace/antix/stretch stretch main nosystemd
deb http://iso.mxrepo.com/antix/stretch/ stretch main nosystemd
The Netherlands, Europe
deb http://nl.mxrepo.com/antix/stretch/ stretch main nosystemd
Crete, Greece, Europe
deb http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/linux/mx/antix/stretch stretch main nosystemd
deb http://ftp.yzu.edu.tw/Linux/mx-workspace/antix/stretch/ stretch main stretch nosystemd
antiX video guides by runwiththedolphin
Not a video, but a review article of Best-Linux-For-Old-Computer
- Login as 'demo', password = 'demo'.
- For root access, password = 'root'. Please do not login as root. It is totally unnecessary.
- Sudo is configured by default. When prompted for a password, user your username password, not root.
- To boot from floppy, I suggest SmartBootManager.
- antiX can also boot from an .iso file on a hard-drive. Boot from iso on hard-disk This is very fast.
- antiX can also be installed as a livecd to usb. Using a live-usb-cd is very fast.
- This site is under construction. For questions, comments, please use the antiX forum or the antiX forum on MepisCommunity
- There is also a lot of information suitable for antiX in the MEPIS wiki.
- Link to full list of applications used in antiX. Installed packages List
- Useful documentation:antiX-FAQ Live boot menu options Detailed guide to antiX-live
- Link to full list of applications used in antiX. Installed apps